As a rule, when I conduct any recruitment project for clients, I have to read from 50 to 300 (depending on the position) applications from candidates.The term “to read” is crucial… personally, I never browse, draw or select by photo, I try not to succumb to stereotypes, I just “read” every single CV. I believe that sometimes you can find a cool Candidate’s story between the lines and this has proven to be true many times before.I have a few conclusions I want to share with you today about what mistakes to beware of when applying to an ad, thus increasing your chances of being invited to an interview:
- don’t send your CV if you don’t meet the condition specified in the ad as necessary. The only effect you will achieve is to annoy the recruiter. If you think that you are an ideal candidate for the position, write about it and convince me in the message. I’ll pay attention to it, instead of thinking you’re sending CVs in bulk from your app on your phone without even reading the ad.a
- photo – instead of a cropped frame from a holiday, party, barbecue, grandma’s name day or a selfie in the mirror, I prefer the lack of one. If you don’t have a professional photo, don’t include it, a strong CV will still stand up for itself.
- specific – the more specific, concise and clear your CV is, the better – both visually and in terms of content. Don’t write an epic, you will tell me about it at the meeting. At this point I am much more interested in what your duties, results and successes on the given position were.
- Don’t send your application to the same advertisement a second time… it won’t help. If you want to attract my attention, do something unconventional.
- consent to the processing of personal data – without it, the recruiter will not be able to “process” your personal data, i.e. call you and arrange a meeting.the
- last thing seems obvious – always write the truth in your CV! Lying is a nasty habit, but cheating in your application or at an interview has short legs and sooner or later it will come out.Remember – recruiters work on different projects, it may happen that you meet again.